MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
Phi Delta Kappa (PDK) International is a distinguished education membership association, whose research elevates the discourse in education. PDK provides products and services to help schools and school systems reimagine the school experience for students, staff, families, and community members.
The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for ensuring sustainability of the organization’s mission through effective promotion and marketing of our various products and services. This position will also help bring our mission to life through varied efforts including, but not limited to: social media, data-driven marketing and communications campaigns, microsite work, conference strategy and attendance, print and direct mail, and more.
The MarComms Manager reports to the Chief Operating Officer, and is at the forefront of this work. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing strategic marketing and communications plans for the organization in order to attract potential clients and retain existing ones. The ideal candidate will possess a quantifiable record of success in K-12 or non-profit branding and communications, with a demonstrated ability to influence current and potential markets.
- Develop, implement and evaluate an annual marketing and communications strategy based on organization objectives and the rhythm of the K-12 school year (i.e. school budget cycles, holidays, etc.)
- Oversee all public relations activities to include press releases, media interactions, content creation and curation, creation of marketing materials, and establishment of branding guidelines
- Analyze market trends to make sound recommendations for strategy, identify weaknesses in potential marking campaigns, and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary restraints
- Measure and report on market campaign performance to ensure alignment with organization objectives and strategic plans, and division Balanced Scorecards and logic models
- Develops all internal and external communications programs to include, but not limited to, print and online advertisements, website management, newsletters, and RFP review
- Monitors press stories related to PDK and its brand, as well as relevant education trends in order to maximize opportunities for positive public relations and dismantling of negative PR.
- Additional marketing and communications duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or related field
- Prior experience as a marking or communications manager in a similar field a plus
- 3+ years of marketing and communications experience in the non-profit or K12 education sector
- Proven track record of excellence in a fast-paced work environment and managing tasks, time, and projects effectively
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written, and excellent presentation skills
- Confident decision-maker who performs well under pressure and tight timelines
- Must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Experience implementing and using Social Media platforms, Salesforce, preferred
PDK International is prepared to offer a competitive compensation package, which includes a competitive base salary, as well as generous 403(b), vacation, and health benefits commensurate with experience and proven results.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are passionate about social impact and looking to make a difference in your professional career, we encourage you to apply for the Marking and Communications Manager position. If you are interested in changing the way we recruit and prepare teachers in this country and support system-leaders, passionate about education and Social Justice, and have a strong desire to meet and exceed goals, then you might be a perfect fit for the Marketing and Communications Manager position.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Marketing and Communications Manager.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
GRANT WRITER (Part Time)
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career. PDK provides products and services to help schools and school systems reimagine the school experience for students, staff, families, and community members. We are seeking a Part Time Grant Writer to increase our research of and outreach to prospective foundation and government funders. The Grant Writer will work collaboratively with the Senior Leadership Team to articulate the short and long term needs and goals of PDK’s various divisions. We are an organization in the midst of a major turnaround and the Grant Writer will be a part of a team working to push our work to the next level. This position will report to the Senior Director of Development and Engagement.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
- The Grant Writer is responsible for researching, preparing and submitting all types of grant applications, including but not limited to Private and Corporate Foundations and State and Federal funding sources;
- As appropriate, the Grant Writer coordinates and attends planning and implementation meetings for current and prospective grant-funded projects;
- The Grant Writer will develop and maintain in-depth working knowledge of PDK’s Division goals and priorities;
- In partnership with the Sr. DoD, the Grant Writer will build and maintain a pipeline of prospective funders and provide regular updates on the status of our progress to proposal submission;
- In partnership with the Sr.DoD, the Grant Writer will develop and submit all required reporting and other supporting documentation on funded grants and contracts.
- Four-year degree required, Advanced Degrees preferred, English, Education, Journalism, Communications, or similar area preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience developing grant proposals, including budget presentations, is required. Technical writing experience will be considered.
- A proven track record of funded proposals is required.
- Experience writing for education-related fields is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required. Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Ability to learn required online submission and reporting software.
- Must be innovative, detail oriented, self-motivated and professional.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple different divisions with different, yet related, missions is required.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to HR@pdkintl.org with the subject line “Grant Writer.” Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About PDK International
“Engaging educators and strengthening schools, so every student thrives.”
Established in 1906, PDK International supports teachers and school leaders by strengthening their interest in the profession through the entire arc of their career. We honor educators as professionals who learn daily from their work and want to share their knowledge with others to transform the lives of their students and their own specialized work. Today, we are transforming into a vibrant social sector organization that will activate educators and other stakeholders to elevate the discourse around teaching and learning to ensure that every child has access to a high-quality education.
PDK International is comprised of seven divisions, Phi Delta Kappa, Pi Lambda Theta, Educators Rising, Kappan Magazine, the PDK Poll, PDK Education Partnerships, and the PDK Education Foundation. We are driven by the core values of social justice, engagement, excellence, and results.
We are a serious organization for serious educators (who don’t take themselves too seriously). We serve to embrace the complexity of the issues in education, are intellectually honest, strive to ask the right questions, and hold both sides of the debate accountable. We work to change the narrative and elevate the conversation, but most importantly, we work to move the needle and get things done.
About Pi Lambda Theta
Pi Lambda Theta (pilambda.org) is one of the nation’s most prestigious education honor societies. Established in 1910, Pi Lambda Theta serves to recognize outstanding students who intended to pursue careers in education. With more than 185,000 individuals who have been inducted across the nation, membership signifies a commitment to academic excellence and the teaching profession.
About Educators Rising
Educators Rising is transforming how America develops aspiring teachers. Starting with high school students, we provide passionate young people with hands-on teaching experience, sustain their interest in the profession, and help them cultivate the skills they need to be successful educators. Every teacher should enter the profession with the necessary skills. Educators Rising is a powerful way to help communities grow the next generation of well-prepared teachers.
PDK EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
PDK International is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.